Search RoHo Blog

Saturday, April 4, 2015

Meal No. 1248: Rainbow Trout with Spinach & Roasted Red Peppers


When my sister Allison was here last week, she very thoughtfully brought the latest cookbook from Asheville's Tupelo Honey Cafe. It inspired me to make something that's completely brand new to me: rainbow trout. I'm not sure I remember ever even eating any trout. It just hasn't been on my radar.

It was a good move to give it a try, because it sure was delicious. The creamy spinach and roasted red bell peppers on top, and a bed of creamy southern stone ground grits below, added up to a fulfilling Saturday night dinner at the Roediger House.



"Sautéed Sunburst Red Rainbow Trout with Spinach and Roasted Red Bell Peppers," by Elisabeth Sims with Chef Brian Sonoskus. In Tupelo Honey Cafe: New Southern Flavors from the Blue Ridge Mountains. Kansas City: Andrews McMeel Publishing (2014), p. 144-145.

"Creamy Grits," from Luquire Family Stone Ground Grits, milled in Greenwood, SC.

No comments: