Search RoHo Blog

Saturday, March 7, 2015

Meal No. 1225: Cap'n Crunchy Maple French Toast


Somehow I managed to drink far more than I'm used to last night and woke up needing some good breakfast to help me get my day started. I also had another new recipe for French toast that I was hoping to try, and with a paltry smooshed loaf of challah bread that was on sale at the Harris Teeter, the fates had pretty much conspired to make this happen.


I've no doubt that the recipe alone was key to a delicious result, but I made one most judicious substitution that really sealed the deal: instead of crushed corn flakes, I used pulverized Cinnamon Roll Cap'n Crunch (a rare treat at the Roediger House since I cannot find it in my local grocery stores...I have to track it down whenever I'm working in Virginia Beach!).




Based on "Crunchy Maple French Toast with Maple-Whiskey Butter," by cookinginvictoria and found on Food52.com.

No comments: