Search RoHo Blog

Thursday, March 5, 2015

Meal No. 1223: Your New Favorite Pork Chops

While stuck at home with winter weather shutting down my work schedule, I stole some time and went through an accumulation of recently-arrived recipe magazines here at the house. I have such a hard time (since I subscribe to quite a few) remembering where I've seen which ideas for meals. From this focused review of a limited number of magazines, I made an "intended" list that I committed to trying out, which has allowed me to make quite a few new dishes of late.


Tonight was one of those, a different take on pan-fried thick pork chops (that you flip every minute for their entire cooking time) and seasoned with the surprisingly effective combination of whole sage leaves, smashed garlic cloves, and melted butter.

I should've snagged a picture of the cooked whole pork chops but I followed the directions and also sliced them thin to arrange on the plate, topped with that bit of pan sauce left after basting them at the end of the cooking. A huge sweet potato and a pile of Brussels sprouts made this a bigger meal than I felt comfortable in finishing.



"Your New Favorite Pork Chops," by Alison Roman, in Bon Appétit, March 2015, p. 35.

No comments: