Search RoHo Blog

Monday, March 16, 2015

A True Coat Closet, At Last

When I bought the Roediger House in 2003, I snapped a heckuva lot of photos of the house as it was at that time. (I'm still kicking myself for all the photos that I didn't snap, such as those showing more of the original kitchen.) Here's a photo looking along the 1st floor hallway from the entry foyer towards the back of the house:


The two doors you see there no longer go to what they once did. That's because everything behind that back wall (bathrooms, mudporch, and kitchen) was demolished when I did the huge addition on the rear of the house in 2008-2009. Originally, that door on the left opened into a small vestibule, behind which was a small toilet-only water closet:


This was a poor excuse for a powder room, because there was no sink...just that lonely porcelain throne. Now, however, that door opens into a small coat closet, which has just been an empty shell since the addition was completed. And it finally boasts a shelf and a clothes rod:


Just another thing on the long list that I can check off!

No comments: