Search RoHo Blog

Friday, February 13, 2015

Meal No. 1208: Juicy Burgers for a "Pool Party"


The Friday night fun and frivolity at the Roediger House was for a casual hang affectionately labeled as a pool party (for reasons that will be better defined in some future blog post). The menu included juicy burgers on the grill with kettle barbecue chips, homemade pimento cheese, and creamy stuffed eggs. It was a great night.


My frustrations with making stuffed eggs were wonderfully abated thanks to following some better advice for cooking and, especially, peeling hard-cooked eggs. I know there are lots and lots of ideas about ways to do this better; I was glad to find one that worked perfectly for me.



"Grilled Juicy Burgers," from Pillsbury Classic Cookbooks recipe magazine.

"South Carolina-Style Pimento Cheese." Recipe worked out by me, based on Sharon's Palmetto Pimento Cheese.

"Creamy Stuffed Eggs," a recipe shared with me by Barbara Huneycutt of Crozet, VA.

No comments: