Search RoHo Blog

Saturday, December 27, 2014

Meal No. 1170: Herb-Roasted Whole Chicken


Yet another full table at the Roediger House for dinner, so I did an 8-pound roaster in the style of Asheville's Tupelo Honey Cafe.


I borrowed from my best cookbook for kamado grill recipes to make the sauce to go with it. And I fell back on one of my favorite accompaniments for a meal like this: best potluck macaroni and cheese. We stuffed ourselves happily before most of the crew headed out for a night of holiday reunioning with friends.



"Herb-Roasted Whole Chicken with Savory Pan Gravy," in Tupelo Honey Cafe: Spirited Recipes from Asheville's New South Kitchen, by Elizabeth Sims with Chef Brian Sonoskus. Kansas City: Andrews McMeel Publishing, LLC (2011), p. 136-137.

"Alabama Great White Sauce" (p. 362). In Smoke & Spice, by Cheryl and Bill Jamison. Boston: The Harvard Common Press, 2003.

"Best Potluck Macaroni and Cheese," from Cook's Country, April/May 2007, p. 11.

No comments: