Search RoHo Blog

Tuesday, December 23, 2014

Meal No. 1166: Christmas Eve Eve Feast

This year's Christmas feast took place this evening, with a happy hungry crowd of celebrants with hearty appetites. The holiday is an excuse to make the grand Thanksgiving meal that I love. The downside for me: it was the worst day of my Christmas cold and I was a miserable so-and-so throwing all this together, and thanks to my tastebuds being a bit off, I couldn't even get the full measure of its goodness. The reports were favorable from the gathered crowd, though.









"Oven-Roasted Turkey Breast," Betty Crocker: Holiday Entrées, Sides, Brunches, & More, November 2001, p. 22-23.

"Beef Tenderloin in Wine Sauce" (p. 296) and "Spicy Horseradish Sauce" (p. 295), from The All-New Ultimate Southern Living Cookbook. Compiled and Edited by Julie Fisher Gunter. Oxmoor Press (2006).

"Layered Green Bean Casserole," from my sister Allison in Rossville, Indiana.

"Sweet Potato Casserole with Pecan Topping," from Southern Living Slow-Cooker Cookbook,  (Oxmoor House, 2006), p. 234-235.

"Cornbread Stuffing with Apples and Bacon," from David Venable. Found online.

No comments: