Search RoHo Blog

Wednesday, December 3, 2014

Meal No. 1154: Savory Beef & Broccoli Turnovers

Last night, when I made these delicious savory garlic beef and broccoli turnovers for the fourth time, I found myself much more comfortable with working with phyllo dough. I hope this is a giant leap forward for me in attempting other good recipes using it.


A key ingredient for these turnovers was unceremoniously discontinued by Kraft: the Philadelphia Cooking Creme that came in a small variety of flavors and with a big price tag. Fortunately, smart blogging kitchen gurus have worked out approximations--and even improvements--of it. I thought the garlic creme sauce was even better being homemade.



"Savory Garlic Beef & Broccoli Turnovers," by Kirsten Shabaz of Minneapolis, MN. Taste of Home, November 2011, p. 31.

"DIY Cooking Creme," from Joy in My Kitchen, 25 May 2011.

No comments: