Search RoHo Blog

Thursday, September 25, 2014

Meal No. 1097: Biscuits -N- Sausage Gravy


Last night, after a good and challenging day of work in the county next door, I was okay with a non-taxing evening meal: some good ol' biscuits and sausage gravy. Two tall glasses of orange juice and I was all satisfied.

Yesterday was also the starting point for Clemmons Flooring, LLC, to tackle refinishing the floors in the master bedroom. I had to miss all that while I was away working, but when I saw it this morning (after sanding and with a primer and seal coat), it looked fantastic. It's only going to get better over the next three days as Ricky and Nubee apply successive coats of poly to it.

I suppose I'll have to wait until I get back into town at the end of next week before I can move furniture back in, and then it will still need about three weeks to finish curing before I can put the rug down and feel truly moved back into that space. It's been interesting sleeping in the front parlour, but I'm lucky to live in a house where there's room to shift things around.

No comments: