Search RoHo Blog

Tuesday, September 16, 2014

Meal No. 1088: 2 x 2 Soup

Because the Mearns brothers worked so long and hard and late last Thursday afternoon to get the master bedroom finished, I figured they were owed some sort of extra treat this past Friday. So my early endeavors in the kitchen resulted in a batch of Cap'n Crunch cookies:


Then, for dinner, I went with my cousin Betsy's recipe for something she calls 2 x 2 soup. The chill temps at the end of last week made it seem like a mighty fitting choice for that Friday night.


I also managed to try out a new dessert recipe: cheesecake rice pudding. It's rich but man-o-man, is it also quite tasty.





"2 x 2 Soup," from various sources.

"Cap'n Crunch Cookies," found online at The Capitol Baker, with credit going to The Sugar Plum Blog for inspiration and the source of the adapted recipe.

"Cheesecake Rice Pudding," from Mel's Kitchen Cafe.

No comments: