Search RoHo Blog

Thursday, September 11, 2014

Meal No. 1084: Indiana Corn & Potato Chowder


Ladies and gentlemen: behold the corn chowder, this amazing concoction that always makes an impression on my none-too-discerning palate. I feel like it's getting better and better with each trial, and this past Monday night, when the dinner menu was composed only of this, I was certain that even two full bowls of it were not enough. I went to bed still wanting more. It's that good. Even with my forgetting to put the diced chicken in it (which the recipe does not call for).

Also, on Monday, this happened:


Philip Lamachio of Estate Plaster has begun the tedious and delicate work of ceiling repair and restoration in the plaster relief of the front entryway. More updates to follow.



"Indiana Corn and Potato Chowder," by Brannon Soileau of Maize, An American Grill (formerly of Lafayette, IN). In Indiana Cooks!, by Christine Barbour and Scott Feickert with photographs by Tom Stio. Bloomington, IN: Quarry Books (2005), p. 64-65. Recipe originally shared with me by my sister Allison on December 31, 2006. You can find this, and quite a few other Indiana recipes, if you scroll to the bottom of this article: "Indiana Can Cook."

No comments: