Search RoHo Blog

Saturday, August 16, 2014

Meal No. 1062: Chicken with Coronation Sauce


On the road to Virginia Beach for four out of five weeks, with only a couple of days at home in between, has proven to be a real drain on my creativity at dinner time. Hence, this evening turned out to be a rapid repeat of something recently had: chicken with coronation sauce, over fragrant basmati rice.

The work in Virginia Beach has been almost all good, though. I figure between the expense of oceanfront hotel rooms and the craziness of vacationers and partiers, my lodging choices have kept me further inland, mostly in the Pembroke/Town Center area. And that gave me this lovely view one summer evening sunset, as I looked out from the top floor of the Crowne Plaza:




"Coronation Sauce for Chicken," from 400 Sauces, by Catherine Atkinson, Christine France, and Maggie Mayhew. Hermes House (2006, 2008), p. 155.

No comments: