Search RoHo Blog

Monday, August 18, 2014

Bugs Stink!

It's been going on four years since I was up in Nelson County, VA, to do some training, and the bed and breakfast I stayed in was completely swamped with stinkbugs. We'd seen scant evidence of them down here but the trend and pattern suggested that North Carolina would suffer through their expanding territory of invasion in short order. I called the invasion "imminent" in a 2010 blog post.

That hasn't really come to pass, though, at least not yet. I've found some dead ones in the fireplace and found a few here and there around the baseboards, apparent victims of my pest control efforts. I will see one clinging to a window screen from time to time. It feels more like a few have lost their way, as opposed to a legion of invaders.

So I certainly did not like the reason I wasn't able to finish my cup of coffee recently:


No comments: