Search RoHo Blog

Thursday, June 19, 2014

Meal No. 1023: Patty Melts

This was going to be the Tuesday evening meal, except there was that little HVAC crisis. Then, I left town to speak at a conference at Old Dominion University in Norfolk, VA, and this was the evening meal when I drove back into town tonight:


I'm not traditional with these, especially since I do not care for rye bread. But on buttered and toasted sourdough with a classic burger sauce and caramelized onions, plus whatever combination of cheese slices I have, it doesn't take much to feel mighty satisfied.

Classic Burger Sauce
from Cook's Illustrated, July-August 2008, p. 11.
4 T mayonnaise
2 T ketchup
1 tsp sweet pickle relish
1 tsp sugar
1 tsp white vinegar
1/2 tsp ground black pepper
Whisk all ingredients together in a small bowl.

No comments: