Search RoHo Blog

Sunday, April 13, 2014

Meal No. 971: Beef Satay with Soy-Ginger-Peanut Sauce


Geez Louise! What another excellent meal. I realize I've been doing a lot of beef lately but what's not to love about beef?


I tossed these chunks of marinated skewer-grilled beef tenderloin onto a pile of brown basmati, and that delicious dark soy-ginger-peanut sauce was about as on-target as you could get.

I also got out the lawn mower for the first time of the season. The front yard wasn't all that bad but it needed the trim. It's looking good now:



The back yard, however, was a different story. Thanks to the wall demolition and re-seeding back there, I've been letting that new grass get a real foothold. It did great, and was thick and lush and pretty tall. You can see this in these pics earlier today of Cyprus back there:


Now it's all trimmed up, but a bit rough...it was thick and somewhat damp. I kept the blade on its most elevated setting to keep from damaging this new grass.


When it was all finished, I was happy to sit a spell with this fine bottle of Pepsi:




"Beef Satay," in Weber's Big Book of Grilling by Jamie Purviance and Sandra S. McRae. San Francisco: Chronicle Books (2001), p. 142-143.

No comments: