Search RoHo Blog

Tuesday, March 18, 2014

St. Patrick's Day Winter Storm

How many times are we going to have to lament that Old Man Winter is not yet done with us?!

Monday was St. Patrick's Day, and for us Southerners, that doesn't exactly have the ring of sleet and ice and snow. Especially after the phenomenally gorgeous day we all enjoyed this past Saturday (which was the "observed" St. Patty's Day for thems what drinks downtown!).

We got a decent icing:




And then we got a bit of a sleet accumulation:



While Winston-Salem was getting all this, my driving destination for Monday (Winchester, VA) was getting 5-8 inches. You'll notice my truck parked at the end of the driveway above...that's because I drove it this trip because I want to be prepared for whatever kind of weather I'd encounter. Fortunately, the roads were all just about clear! I only had to use my 4WD to get out of my on-street parking space Monday night after supping at the always-delicious Thai Winchester.


No comments: