Search RoHo Blog

Tuesday, February 11, 2014

Meal No. 918: Crab-Boiled Country-Style Pork Ribs


Eight to twelve inches of snow? I'll believe it when I see it. But this forecast did send me scurrying to the grocery store late last night to stock up for the week. Just in case. Things were already pretty picked over, and there was one final package of country-style pork ribs available. And only two gallons of Vitamin D whole milk were left, so I got both of them since I'm seeing hot chocolate, a different pork meal with milk gravy, and probably some bowls of cereal if I'm not working because of snow.


This evening's crab-boiled pork ribs were topped with smoked onion barbecue sauce and served with delicious simple mac and cheese.



"Crab-Boiled Country Style Pork Ribs," by Emeril Lagasse. Found online at the Food Network.

"Smoked Onion Barbecue Sauce" (p. 360). In Smoke & Spice, by Cheryl and Bill Jamison. Boston: The Harvard Common Press, 2003.

"Macaroni and Cheese Casserole," by Sarah Gabriel. In Cook's Country, June/July 2012, p. 17.

No comments: