Search RoHo Blog

Thursday, January 30, 2014

Meal No. 911: Corn Chowder & Pipetizer Casserole


Last night was an impromptu big gathering of folks, and so with what I had on hand in the fridge, I threw together a meal for us. It helped that my sister Allison and I had a good long phone conversation as I drove home Tuesday afternoon, escaping the winter snowstorm bearing down on Virginia Beach, and she inspired me to grab the fixings for corn chowder. She even emailed me the recipe so that I'd have my ingredients checklist when I made a snowy-slick-roaded stop at the Harris Teeter on my way into Winston-Salem.



It was a good time, and the corn chowder really was terrific.


This time, I think the Pipetizer casserole was only so-so, but still edible.



"Indiana Corn Chowder," by Brannon Soileau of Maize American Grill (Lafayette, IN). Shared with me by my sister Allison on December 31, 2006. You can find this, and quite a few other Indiana recipes, if you scroll to the bottom of this article: "Indiana Can Cook."

"Pipetizer Casserole" is an adaptation of "Tailgate Casserole," from The Big Book of Casseroles, by Maryana Vollstedt. San Francisco: Chronicle Books (2000), p. 120.

No comments: