Search RoHo Blog

Sunday, November 24, 2013

Meal No. 859: Chicken Corn Chowder

I love corn chowder, but I've never tried to make it before. And I have, over the years, accumulated a few different recipes. The one I depended on tonight came from Cook's Country and it inspired me to buy fresh ears of corn and slice the kernels off for the freshest and most flavorful possible result.


It did not disappoint. My one modification: I added rotisserie chicken to it to make it a bit more hearty for supper.


This was a perfect meal given the dreadful arctic cold front that is blasting through here. It was a great excuse to build the second fire of this winter season, and the sixteenth since the kitchen addition was built.

Fire No. 16
(I obsessively count and track things that have occurred since I started blogging.)



"Corn Chowder," by Maria del Mar Sacasa. In Cook's Country, June/July 2009, p. 8-9.

No comments: