Search RoHo Blog

Tuesday, November 5, 2013

French Toast Cupcakes with Maple Buttercream Frosting

Cupcakes are fine but they're farther down my list of desserts that I'm drawn to. And that's why it is a rare thing indeed for me to actually bake them. Thanks to a delightful colleague with whom I get to work in Virginia Beach, I was introduced to this serious cupcake proposition: french toast cupcakes with a maple buttercream frosting.

You're actually supposed to also put bacon on these, too, but I noticed on my first encounter with these that folks regularly went for the cupcakes without bacon.

Anyway: for your viewing pleasure:



I have no idea how they turned out. When I typed up this blog post, I'd still had yet to even try one.



"French Toast Cupcakes" and "Maple Buttercream Frosting," from Bakingdom.com.

1 comment:

Amullen3 said...

I must say...the bacon makes the cupcakes although I understand the reservation in regards to trying them. I heard that they are becoming a popular wedding reception choice-go figure. One of the greatest things in life is when things or people turn out to be unexpectedly wonderful and interesting.