Search RoHo Blog

Tuesday, November 12, 2013

Cyprus's Crappy Morning

File Under: What the Heck Is Wrong with People?!

On a beautiful Saturday morning back in the summer months, I went out in the backyard with Cyprus. I stepped back inside to grab something, which is never a problem, because she always stays close by. When I went back out, I could not see her, so I called to her. I called again. I looked left and right. I looked in the parking area. I went around to the front yard, calling her name and clapping my hands. This has never failed to bring her hustling back to me, if we are out of one another's line of sight.

I started to freak out a bit: had she dashed after a squirrel, and actually uncharacteristically left the yard in doing so? Had someone snatched her that quickly?

With my heart starting to pound a bit, I went back around to the backyard and all the way around to the narrow side outside the kitchen eating nook/bay, which is really just a small drainage yard and serves as access to the heat pumps.

There she was. Not only was she ignoring my calls. She had discovered where some horrible sorry excuse for a human being had scooped his or her pet's poop with a city-issued poop bag but then tossed it through my fence. Cyprus had rubbed in that poop and she was (graphic warning!) eating some of it. She has never done this on any walk, but I guess when a dog's poop has crossed into her realm and invaded her space, the best thing to do is to turn it into her poop. That's domination in the natural world, eh?


That errant girl was brought inside for an instantaneous and immediate bath. Yuckity-yuck-yuck!

No comments: