Search RoHo Blog

Saturday, October 19, 2013

Meal No. 839: Asian Pork Tenderloin

I have a notebook with recipe clippings in it, having thought from time to time that I should pare down all these recipe magazines that I have coming into the house and just save what looks good. One of those clippings is for Asian Pork Tenderloin, thanks to Cuisine at Home.

This is a recipe I'd only made once before, and on that previous occasion, the big turn-off was the Chinese five-spice powder that it calls for. That spice mix has two or three flavors in it that are just not my thing.

But I still had a generally favorable impression of the dish, recognizing that I might have to tinker with it if I gave it another go. That was this evening's fare, and the results were pretty darned good. I can't tell you exactly what I did to replace the spice combo but on this occasion, it worked.




"Asian Pork Tenderloin," from Cuisine at Home, December 2006, Issue 60, p. 36. You can snag the recipe if you're willing to read through the comments on the Cuisine at Home online forum page for this dish.

No comments: