Search RoHo Blog

Thursday, September 19, 2013

Another Damn Cat

For the last few months, there's been another one of those yellow feral cats lurking around. It traipses through the back yard and, when Cyprus spots it, it makes her crazy, of course. Cyprus has chased her in the back yard a time or two, but she's also sort of tangled with her in the back corner of the lot. On that occasion, the cat held her ground and was pretty vicious-sounding.


In early September, I set out the Havahart® trap and baited it with some dry cat food. It took two nights to snag her, but now I can report that another wild yellow cat from the neighborhood has now fallen prey to my pest management schemes.


And she is one wild vixen, too. I don't have video of her initial rampage the first time I went out to the trap once she was in it, but I just about couldn't manage to hang on to it when she was hissing and jumping and slamming her body all around. All I was trying to do when I moved her that first time was make sure she wasn't cooked in the direct sunlight, until I could get her hauled to the Animal Control shelter on the following Monday morning.


The following video captures her spirit when I was moving her to the truck for that final transport, though:


No comments: