Search RoHo Blog

Tuesday, August 27, 2013

Meal No. 800: Shrimp with Goat Cheese Grits and Roasted Red Pepper Sauce

I might have to create a new blog post tag that goes as follows:

OMFG
[Oh, My Food's Good!]

Tonight was one of those meals where I'm glad I bother to love cooking, and it was a fine way to mark the 800th meal in the still-relatively-new Roediger House kitchen.

Thanks are due yet again to my sister Allison from Indiana, who very thoughtfully gave me the cookbook that's the source of this recipe when she was down for a visit at the end of July. Hear, hear, hallelujah, and OMFG! (That means it was incredible.)




"Shrimp and Goat Cheese Grits with Roasted Red Pepper Sauce," in Tupelo Honey Cafe: Spirited Recipes from Asheville's New South Kitchen, by Elizabeth Sims with Chef Brian Sonoskus. Kansas City: Andrews McMeel Publishing, LLC (2011), p. 100-101, 179.

Luquire Family Stone Ground Grits, milled in Greenwood, SC, which is where my father was when he died in 1981, interestingly enough.

No comments: