Search RoHo Blog

Wednesday, August 7, 2013

I Know Why the Caged Cyprus Sings Sadly

Cyprus, the Roediger House pooch, is just about the sweetest girl in the world. It still stuns me to think that some other owner or family was prepared to have her put down at the pound. Fortunately, the fact that she dropped a litter of puppies the next day saved her from a certain death; she was rescued by the local Animal Adoption and Rescue Foundation and today she makes the RoHo a better, warmer, happier place.

As I've mentioned before, Cyprus can tell when I'm packing up to leave town for a few days, and she manages to put on quite the scowling unhappy face. And while she's pretty obedient about heading into her crate whenever I've got to run out on some errands, her timid and plodding walk down the back hallway signals strongly what she thinks of not being able to go along.

To ease her pain, I'll often wait until I have to go out to give her her daily dental chew. so that she starts her crate time with a treat that she really likes. Imagine my chagrin to come home from a couple of hours of errands to find that she had so quickly bitten off one end of the Denta-Stik that the bulk of it dropped outside the crate.

She was waiting patiently and longingly next to it until I got back home to restore it to her. Poor thing.


No comments: