Search RoHo Blog

Monday, June 3, 2013

Tift Merritt at Ziggy's


From time to time I like to take note of the pleasure I find in downtown living, from the standpoint of being walking distance to good entertainment and food. This past weekend, that took the form of a leisurely evening stroll to Ziggy's in order to take in the Tift Merritt show there.

My best friend from growing up in Buies Creek, Jay Brown, has been playing bass with Tift for nearly 15 years. He also sings backing vocals. Jay sent word earlier in the week that the band would be passing through, and I gladly took him up on the offer to put my name on the list. It was a great show. Unfortunately, because the band was heading out immediately afterwards to drive part way to Ohio, Jay and I had to settle for just a brief catch-up chat.


No comments: