Search RoHo Blog

Tuesday, May 28, 2013

Meal No. 747: Jerked Chicken Kabobs

Tonight's meal was inspired by what I saw at the Harris Teeter today on my way home from working in Greensboro: at the meat counter, they had Jamaican jerk chicken skewers for sale. So I came home, looked at a couple of recipes online, and chose the one I could prepare the most quickly and simply. I found it on the Food Network website, and it came from Guy Fieri. The online reviews for the posted recipe were mixed, and I also think Guy Fieri is a bit of a jerk, ironically enough. Maybe they could have been named "Jerk's Chicken Kabobs," but I digress...

The meal hit a lot of the right notes for me, so I expect this one will repeat.







"Jerked Chicken Kabobs," by Guy Fieri. Found online at the FoodNetwork.com.

"Coconut Rice," in Weeknight Menus by Cuisine at Home Magazine (2006), p. 20-21.

"Jamaican Hush Puppies," in Cuisine at Home, Issue 99, May/June 2013, p. 31.

No comments: