Search RoHo Blog

Thursday, May 2, 2013

Meal No. 727: Jamaican Jerk Chicken

While I can certainly enjoy other people's grilled chicken, I've never been drawn to trying to do it myself. I love grilled beef, lamb, veal, tuna, hamburgers, and so on. But I prefer a good baked or roasted or braised chicken, for the most part.


It means I've not developed enough experience or technique when it comes to putting the fire under some fowl, and that certainly showed tonight with my first attempt to use the kamado grill for making Jamaican jerk chicken. It had good taste but I overcooked the heck out of it (couldn't quite get satisfied with achieving the right temperature in the cooker, for one thing).


But hey: it was good enough for the crew around the table and we all pretty much liked the new accompaniments: coconut-milk-infused twice-baked sweet potatoes and allspiced Jamaican hush puppies.

Kamado Grill Meal No. 6


"Jerk-Spiced Grilled Chicken" (p. 28-29), "Twice-Baked Sweet Potatoes" (p. 30), and "Jamaican Hush Puppies" (p. 31), in Cuisine at Home, Issue 99, May/June 2013.

No comments: