Search RoHo Blog

Monday, April 29, 2013

Meal No. 724: Kamado Grilled Pork Tenderloin

My own early impression of using Smoke & Spice as my guide for kamado grill cooking was that, unless I got started on it the night before, I'd have few options. But there are a few recipes that can be prepped and served within about two hours, which is not bad when it comes the barbecue/smoking realm.

This evening's choice is a butterflied pork tenderloin with Wild Willy's Number One-derful Rub, the same rub I used last night on the beer can chickens. (That's handy, because I had about three tablespoons of it reserved.) I served it with some leftovers, though: last night's sweet onion corn bake and last weekend's smoky onion sauce. I threw in garden peas to give me green on the plate.







"Weeknight Pork Tenderloin" (p. 80-81), "Wild Willy's Number One-derful Rub" (p. 171), and "Smoked Onion Barbeque Sauce" (p. 360). In Smoke & Spice, by Cheryl and Bill Jamison. Boston: The Harvard Common Press, 2003.

"Sweet Onion Corn Bake," by Jeanette Travis of Fort Worth, TX. Published in Taste of Home, April/May 2003, p. 37-38.

Kamado Meal #5

No comments: