Search RoHo Blog

Sunday, April 7, 2013

Meal No. 713: Creamy Swiss Baked Chicken Breasts


One of the earliest entries in my personal recipe book: Creamy Swiss Chicken Breasts, shared with me back in 1997 by my dear friend Cindy Coulson. It was a favorite dish to make the summer I lived with Sheryl Cohen, during my PhD program at the University of Virginia. Good memories of excellent times with both of those terrific ladies are an added bonus whenever I return to this recipe.


Tonight it was for a table of five folks, one of whom proclaimed this the best meal he's yet had at the Roediger House. Guess I'll have to work on trying to beat that sometime.

The sides this evening: best potluck macaroni and cheese (it was so very good last week; I had to make it again); and the traditional Campbell's greenbean casserole...the one with french fried onions.

I'll blog about the desserts (yes, plural!) while I'm on the road this coming week.



"Easy Creamy Swiss Baked Chicken Breasts," a recipe shared with me by Cindy Coulson in 1997. Versions of the recipe can be found here and here.

"Best Potluck Macaroni and Cheese," from Cook's Country, April/May 2007, p. 11.

"Green Bean Casserole," from Campbell's Kitchens.

No comments: