Search RoHo Blog

Monday, March 25, 2013

Punk'd by Punxatawney Phil


As someone who hates, hates, H-A-T-E-S cold weather and being cold, I feel completely punk'd by Punxatawney Phil, who gave me unsubstantiated hopes about an early end to winter. The recent 77-degree Saturday played right into those unrealized hopes. And here I sit in Winchester, VA, very near the end of March and a few days into the season of Spring, and we're looking at 3-4 inches of snow. Those who know me know this takes its toll on me.


That's the view (above) from my window at the Winchester Sleep Inn this morning. I guess I have a good long day to get caught up on some work. And probably to go back to bed for a morning nap.


This is what I understand from AccuWeather.com to be the explanation for this strange wintry start to spring. I had never heard of a Greenland High. It must be news to Phil as well.

No comments: