Search RoHo Blog

Saturday, March 16, 2013

Phenomenally Gorgeous Saturday in Winston-Salem

My work schedule had me spend most of this past week in the Shenandoah Valley of Virginia, where it stayed mostly cool. And even on the days where the temps approached 50, the winds were icy cold and would cut right through you. Once the sun went behind the clouds, or down for the day, those of us who seek out the warmth were out of luck.

I would say the fates were on my side by letting the one clearly gorgeous North Carolina day this week occur on Saturday, when I was home and free to enjoy it. As shown by the screen image from my cell phone late Saturday afternoon, our temperature got up pretty high...even higher than forecast.

It was a bit breezy but it was wonderful and pleasant. By afternoon, there was much more sun than cloudiness. Cyprus and I spent a lot of time just enjoying the sunshine and being in the yard. I should have taken her for a big walk around downtown, but I never did get around to it.

Weather like this can put one's mind to the spring yardwork tasks. I could have gotten some stuff done but my desire was not matched by any corresponding efforts in this regard.

Instead, I switched back and forth between getting business-related paperwork done, some bills paid, and a bit of kitchen clean-up...and getting outside to take advantage of this glorious almost-spring day.

No comments: