Search RoHo Blog

Sunday, March 3, 2013

Meal No. 694: Brendan's Moroccan Bistro Chicken

It's not the name he gave to it, but I decided to honor Brendan Shanley with the naming of this dish since he's the one that served it to me a few Christmases ago. Brendan was in the last group of 7th graders I taught in Raleigh before I headed off to the University of Virginia for my PhD program. It's a regular holiday event that I still get together (most years) with him and his folks. And while I've had some fine meals in the Wood-Shanley household, I think this one ranks at the top.

Tonight's rendering of it was probably the Roediger House's best version of it, I might add.

Chicken Thighs, after browning

Browning the Onions in the Spices and Chicken Renderings

Chicken Cooking in the Chicken Stock and Spices

Moroccan Bistro Chicken, Pan-Roasted Broccoli, Quinoa

Pan-Roasted Broccoli



"Better Pan-Roasted Broccoli," by Sandra Wu. In Cook's Illustrated, Number Sixty-Nine, March & April 2006, p. 20.

No comments: