Search RoHo Blog

Wednesday, March 20, 2013

Kitchen Vision Punch Guy Might Be an Idiot


In early August, I started having a bump and jump in the center island drawer when I opened and closed it.


Once I took a look at it, I discovered that the track rail had become detached inside the cabinet:


I got up under there, aligned the drawer track again, and retightened the screw used to install it.

At the end of November, the problem re-emerged:


To have the problem repeat did not leave me happy, so I decided I'd better take another look at the screw used to mount the drawer. Here it is, with a dime as a comparison so you can see what a tiny and ridiculous little screw it is:


Who does this? Who installs a major drawer in a cabinet and uses something hardly bigger than a watch or eyeglass screw to secure it?

I have replaced it with a more worthy and dependable screw now, and I am saving this munchkin screw to mail to the president of Kitchen Vision, along with a few thoughts about the overall lack of care his punch guy seems to exercise in the several things they had to come back and fix or correct.

I suppose my irritation and frustration are coming through just a bit?

No comments: