Search RoHo Blog

Saturday, February 23, 2013

Meal No. 689: Chili and Game of Thrones


Within the last couple of years, I read all five of the novels published thus far in George R. R. Martin's Song of Fire and Ice series. HBO has brought it to life and it brought about a three-Sunday-set of Game of Thrones watching parties last spring.

This past week the DVDs of the second season of this show were released.



Sounds like an excuse to have a gathering of fans, and Saturday night I put on a big pot of chili and we gathered together to get through the first half of these latest episodes. I think the chili was about the best I've ever made it, too. It probably didn't need all that extra cheese I put on there, but it sure didn't hurt it.



"Simple Beef Chili with Kidney Beans," from Cook's Illustrated, Number Sixty-One [March-April 2003], p. 10-11.

No comments: