Search RoHo Blog

Monday, February 25, 2013

Borrowing a Bit of Water

Office Condominiums at 4th & Spring Streets
(The Roediger House is visible, at the left end of them.)

Over the last year, when there's work to be done in relation to the office condominiums next door, I've been asked to allow workmen to plug their extension cords into my outside power outlet, or for access to my water spigot. I've been fine with it...it's not something I'm all that worried about. Neighbors help each other out.

Not so long ago, in a blog post, I mentioned someone hooking up to my power outlet without first asking me. I'm less irritated by it now that I know who it is: RG Builders, who've been doing some things for my attorney, whose offices are in that row.

Back in mid-February, those guys asked to hook their hoses up one Sunday so they could power-wash the building. I told 'em I'd settle up with my attorney for the cost later. When I mentioned it to him, he sounded frustrated, because they were just supposed to clean the gutters.

When the fellow pictured below used the back of my attorney's office the following Sunday to relieve himself (in broad daylight!), I was unable to resist the temptation to notify him that his office had been "pressure-washed" again.



No comments: