Search RoHo Blog

Monday, January 14, 2013

Meal No. 666: Deviled Drumsticks

This is Meal Number 666, which begged for a theme, given that diabolical number. So on this evening, I put together a completely tongue-in-cheek excuse for festivity with aptly-named dishes to go with it. The guests wore red and black and talked me out of my nudist theme idea, whereby The Devil Wears Nada.

Had I thought of it sooner, I might have made Lucifer and Limas Beans instead of Purgatory Peas. And one of the dinner companions suggested that it was all served on Pontius Plates. Ha ha!








"Citrus Beet Salad with Creamy Avocado Lime Dressing," from Oh She Glows.com.

"Deviled Chicken Drumsticks," by Ian Knauer. In Gourmet, August 2008.

"Sweet Potato Casserole with Pecan Topping," from Southern Living Slow-Cooker Cookbook,  (Oxmoor House, 2006), p. 234-235.

"Granny Wilson's Honey Wheat Cornbread," a recipe shared with me by Linda Dunlap.

"Creamy Stuffed Eggs," a recipe shared with me by Barbara Huneycutt of Crozet, VA.


No comments: