Search RoHo Blog

Sunday, November 25, 2012

Meal No. 635: Crab Cakes over Baked Bull's Eye Eggs

With a mind devoid of any useful ideas for dinner tonight, and running a bit short on time, I stumbled across a recipe in a cooking magazine that I'd just received from Donna Whitley-Smith of Luray, VA. One recipe in particular grabbed my attention and I decided to give it a try: baked bull's-eye eggs. Since it was the evening (and, for me, main) meal of the day, I upped the ante by using these baked egg-in-toasts as a base for simple crab cakes, topped with an even simpler hollandaise sauce. Turned out pretty good, and darned filling, at that.






"Crab Cakes," a recipe shared by David Wald and attributed to The Gourmet Cookbook.

"Baked Bull's-Eye Eggs," in Everyday Food,  November 2012, p. 42-43. Magazine shared with me by Donna Whitley-Smith.

"Blender Hollandaise," by Eric Ripert. In Bon Appétit, May 2011, p. 39.

No comments: