Search RoHo Blog

Saturday, October 6, 2012

Dearth of Fresh-Baked Cookies

Cookies are one of the mainstays in the baking realm of the Roediger House kitchen. I like making them and I seem to keep finding people who don't mind eating them. Sometimes they're made and shared when people come over; sometimes I take them to a favorite spot to share with friends on the job (such as at 6th & Vine). I used to be pretty consistent about making cookies to take with me when I travel, to share either with the educators I'm working with in schools or with students taking one of my classes from the University of Virginia.

One whole drawer in my butler's pantry is dedicated primarily to storing the morsels and chips that I use for the six or eight cookie recipes I reach for the most:


That drawer is remaining all too full, of late, because of how seldom I seem to get around to making cookies any more. And you can't really see how deep that drawer is, because of how dark it is in this picture. Trust me: I'm well-stocked.

So why I felt the need, especially with the hectic pace of time on the road this fall, to buy more bags of chips and morsels when I did my recent shopping at Sam's Club is a particular mystery to me.


Maybe I was hoping I'd be inspired to break out the cookie dough mixing bowls, the parchment paper, and the cookie sheets. If not inspired, perhaps shamed into it?

No comments: