Search RoHo Blog

Tuesday, October 23, 2012

Butter Toffee Crunchers / White Choc-Macadamia Nut Cookies

For the last movie night of the 2012 season, in the chill air of an October night, I figured I'd best have on hand some cookies. One batch I made was using a recipe that's new to me: Butter Toffee Crunchers. This is from King Arthur Flour.


They were generally well-received, but I was not impressed. I'll cut back the flour on a subsequent trial, if there is one, and I'd best watch the baking time more carefully: they were too crunchy, dry, and crumbly.


The other batch of cookies Sunday night was white chocolate-macadamia nut cookies, and since I'd made the batter earlier in the evening, I was able to offer them hot and fresh from the oven to the post-movie basketball players. They scarfed them down.

Addendum: The morning after, I cooked the last of the cookie dough for these and had a couple for breakfast.



No comments: