Search RoHo Blog

Monday, September 17, 2012

Summer Snackables and Goodies

[Here is a leftover blog entry from back in the summer that I never got around to posting.]

One of the items I returned home with, following the sibling gathering to begin sorting out my mother's estate, was her handy egg carrier. Several of us wanted it but I managed to walk away with it. Here's the first use of it, filled with delicious creamy stuffed eggs, following the recipe that was given to me by Charlottesville friend Barbara Huneycutt:


Since my sister Allison has given me a hard time about that egg carrier, I bought a couple more of them and mailed one to her. I think she was pleased to get it, because she immediately posted this picture to Facebook:


Some friends from Roanoke recently needed an overnight stay here, thanks to a late-night flight into the Greensboro airport. I threw together a Bundt coffee cake to help us get through the morning after:


No comments: