Search RoHo Blog

Saturday, September 1, 2012

Meal No. 587: Asian Pork Tenderloin

This is a dish I made just once before, but I had to do some serious tinkering with it in order to bring it back to the Roediger House table. This is Asian pork tenderloin, and since the original list of ingredients depended on a heavy dose of Chinese Five-Spice powder, I could not leave it intact. Those are flavors that I just don't care for.

So I substituted hot Madras curry powder and supplemented with some crushed fennel seeds (which I think I can do without the next time I made this). I also gave the pork about five extra minutes in the oven, and it all came out pretty darned good. The pan sauce is thin but it packs a punch of flavors.


"Asian Pork Tenderloin," a recipe clipping saved from Cuisine at Home, Issue 60 [December 2006], p. 36-37.

No comments: