Search RoHo Blog

Tuesday, August 21, 2012

Meal No. 578: Steak au Poivre


An old favorite from long ago, when I first started being a more serious cooker-in-the-kitchen: steak au poivre, with helpfully intensive guidance from the folks at America's Test Kitchen. Their helpful article and accompanying recipe directions were an early indication for me that I could make interesting and different dishes and desserts if I would just do what people told me.

What a novel concept.

Here's a self-revelatory note that I hope shows how much I've grown or how far I've come: I think it was trying to make this recipe for the first time, back in 2001 or 2002, that forced me to learn what a shallot was and how to find them in the grocery store.



"Steak au Poivre," by Dawn Yanagihara. Cook's Illustrated, September & October 2001, p. 8-9.

No comments: