Search RoHo Blog

Tuesday, June 19, 2012

Squirrel-Catching at the RoHo

I reckon the bird feeders are well-stocked with extra good stuff these days, because not only have I been over-run with birdlife, but I've got an increase in the usual squirrel population again. I think instead of my two resident squirrels (including the one who's taken up residence in a porch gable), I've got two or three more lurking about. The newbies are a bit more aggressive, so I thought I should take action to thin the herd.

I have a smaller Havahart® trap that I was intending somehow to use to get the rascal living in the porch roof. But I haven't rigged that up yet. So instead I just thought I'd see who would be tempted by it so I could do a squirrel relocation.


This was the unlucky rascal. He now lives in Wallburg, about 10 miles outside of Winston. He did manage to put quite a slice across Cyprus's snout when she was sniffing agitatedly around the trap, though.


No comments: