Search RoHo Blog

Saturday, June 23, 2012

Meal No. 529: Pork Medallions in Ginger-Shiitake-Soy Sauce

The blog sometimes seduces me into rankly boring trivia about the blog. For instance, I discovered with a quick search that it was exactly 100 meals ago that I last made this wonderful Roediger House favorite: pan-seared pork tenderloin medallions in a ginger-shiitake-soy-garlic cream sauce. The always wonderful company mashed potatoes were a spot-on repository for some of that cream sauce, and tasty garden peas gave me the green I needed on the plate. I also made a French herbed bread in the bread machine.


The dinner was an occasion to celebrate: the new young friends of the Roediger House who are in the Master Teacher Fellows program at Wake Forest are just about to finish up their degrees, and I wanted to have a chance to note this milestone. It was one of those really nice evenings where we lingered at the dinner table for several hours. Three of the four pictured here are staying in Winston, which is great news: they've each taken jobs at schools in the Winston-Salem/Forsyth County school district.




"Pan-Seared Tuna with Ginger-Shiitake Cream Sauce," from The Bon Appétit Cookbook by Barbara Fairchild, 2006, p. 398-399.

"Company Mashed Potatoes," a Jones family favorite.

No comments: