Search RoHo Blog

Wednesday, June 6, 2012

Landscaping Update: Northside Strip

There is a very very narrow strip of grass along the north side of the house, which is narrow because the house is almost right on top of the property line. There's an easement for an alleyway there, too, so I won't ever have to feel too hemmed in on that side.

Anyway, after the construction/addition/renovation project, my general contractor seeded it with grass even though it's not really mowable. So I've been having to do the weed-eater there whenever I remembered it. Here's a recent shot of that stretch, looking from the back towards the front of the house, after I trimmed earlier in the spring:


I have gone through that whole area now and tried to de-weed and de-grass it, and I've built it up with quite a few loads of topsoil. And I've now planted quite a few things.


From back to front, here's what I've planted: blue star juniper, Lord Baltimore hibiscus, gardenias, golden mop false cypress, astra blue balloon flower, starfire phlox, and cranberry crush hibiscus.

No comments: