Search RoHo Blog

Thursday, May 24, 2012

Meal No. 509: Smothered Pork Chops

Tonight's feature was a return to darned good recipe for bone-in blade-cut pork chops in a slow braise: Smothered Pork Chops. It includes a very nice onion-thyme gravy that sometimes I get more right than others. Accompaniments for this meal: mashed potatoes and layered green bean casserole (another really good recipe courtesy of my sister in Indiana).


For the second night in a row, I wanted biscuits, and I tried another different recipe for 'em. I'd like to have gotten more heft out of them but the flavor was good.


And Crate & Barrel had better be darned glad that this handle popped off when I was picking the dirty casserole dish up out of the sink, rather than when I was taking it as a hot-cooked side dish out of the oven:




"Smothered Pork Chops" (p. 22-23) and "Cream Cheese Biscuits" (p. 10-11), Cook's Country, April/May 2011. [View and print a pdf of the recipe by clicking on this link.]

No comments: