Search RoHo Blog

Sunday, April 1, 2012

Roll-out Recycling Program Begins Tomorrow

The new roll-out recycling carts distributed by the City of Winston-Salem back at the end of January have all been waiting patiently to be put into service. For my neighborhood, that time begins tomorrow morning. For the last two full months, I've been continuing to put my abundance of glass bottles (beer, mostly) into the green recycling bucket for pick-up each week, but all the plastic bottles and jugs have been accumulating in the new blue cart. I've now rolled it out to the curb for the automated pick-up program that will put me on a two-week schedule, instead of a weekly one (and pick-up on Monday instead of Wednesday now). But I'm going to really like the huge capacity of the roll-out cart. And the fact that it is a roll-out cart.

Monday Update: This morning, the new automated trucks rolled through just in time for me to snag this pic from the front porch. Seems like a good new system in the city.


No comments: