Search RoHo Blog

Friday, April 27, 2012

Meal No. 487: Chicken with 40 Cloves of Garlic


A while back, I tried out a James Beard recipe called Chicken with 40 Cloves of Garlic.

As noted in the blog post at the time, it was a disaster. I've been wanting to give it another shot sometime, especially now that I've got the right cookware to help me make this. Tonight was a dinner party for 10 folks, so it seemed like a good reason to dust it off and tackle it once more.

I'm glad I did. This was an incredibly tasty meal, and no, the garlic was not overpowering. I think we all liked having the squeezable, spreadable roasted garlic to schmear on our baguette slices, too.



"Chicken with Forty Cloves of Garlic," from James Beard. Published in One Big Table: A Portrait of American Cooking, by Molly O'Neill. Simon & Schuster, 2010, p. 350.


No comments: