Search RoHo Blog

Sunday, April 8, 2012

Meal No. 476: Easter Sunday Brunchy Supper


Among the events that I have preserved since my days as a teacher educator at Wake Forest University is a springtime brunch at the Roediger House. What originally was one of the excuses to bring my social studies students together has now become something that brings good friends here to the house for food and fellowship. Sometimes I connect it to Palm Sunday; sometimes I schedule it for Easter Sunday.







It serves as an impetus for me to cook up what I think of as my "brunch meal." On the menu: spring frittata quiche and make-ahead crockpot scrambled eggs (from Pillsbury Classic Cookbooks magazine, April 2001); creamy cheese grits (source unknown); zucchini bread (thanks to Laura Thomas for that one); bacon; and fresh fruit. The weather was nice enough this evening that we took our plates out on the front porch.


Dessert: a nice cream cheese fruit tart, the recipe for which came in the Baker's Catalog from King Arthur Flour Company.


No comments: